What is Swedish Body Massage?
Massage is the manipulation of body tissues for therapeutic purposes. The word massage is thought to be derived from either the Arabic for ‘press softly’ or the Greek ‘to knead’. Swedish body massage involves the kneading, stretching, stroking and wringing of the body’s muscles and tissues. In treating the body, the mind is also treated.
Benefits of Swedish Body Massage
The benefits of Swedish Body Massage are extensive! You will improve not only your physical but also your emotional state of being. Benefits include:
- Relaxes you and induces sleep
- Increases blood and lymphatic circulation
- Improves function and appearance of skin
- Helps to break down fatty tissue and cellulite
- Relaxes tight muscles and improves the function and tone
- Maintains/ increases mobility of bones, as well as increasing circulation and nourishment of bones
- Improves posture
- Relieves stiff joints
- Improves digestion, constipation and flatulence
- Encourages deeper and more relaxed breathing
- Helps to reduce stress
- Provides a sense of well being